Pictures

Bee related information that doesnt fit any where else

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Locust&Honey

Pictures

Post by Locust&Honey »

Kurt... what would be the chance of letting us post our pics with our messages??? This would be fun and help with being able to explain some of our problems. I don't know if it is possible with this forum but if it is I would be highly in favor of it.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Why would you want to do that???

Image :D
Last edited by Wally on Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Tell me HOW!!!! I don't see that option. FANTASTIC
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Photos take up an enormous amount of bandwidth, Not knowing how much we have on the forum, I think we need to talk to Kurt before we post very many pictures. If the bandwidth isn't a problem, then I will post how to do it.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Would posting a link to "photobucket" work as well. That way those with dial up don't have to wait for pictures to down load.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

My humble Bee yard. But now there are two hives.

http://i173.photobucket.com/albums/w45/ ... 010070.jpg

L&H you had a great idea, we do need a photo section on this site, and if we use something like photobucket the bandwith may not be a problem for all 20 something of us.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Alright fellows. Please explain this "photobucket" thing. Mainly how to use it. I have wireless so it may or may not effect me???
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

GREAT bee yard Ski. What is the green stuff under the blocks??? My hives are very high off the ground due to lots of roaming dogs out here. I put my higher to hopefully prevent any night time disastors. You have a pond behind you too. That looks to be a very nice set-up. I want to put some pics of my as soon as I can figure all this out.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Thanks,
I had some old indoor/outdoor carpeting I used for camping that was worn out so I put it under the hives to keep the weeds down and its easier to see stuff they drag out of the hive.
The fense was put up to keep the skunks out, we are in some kind of skunk freeway.
Go to www.photobucket.com to sign up, its free. Then just upload your pictures.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Last edited by Locust&Honey on Sat Apr 14, 2007 5:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

IT WORKED!!
You look a lot younger in the picture.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

L&H, I edited your post to make the link work by just clicking instead of having to copy and paste. All I did was put a space between your 3 periods and the link. If you run the link concurrent with your post without a space, it doesn't recognize it as a link.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

I copied and pasted it to get it to work before your edit wally. It works better now.
pttom
Newbee

Post by pttom »

Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Very nice looking yard. Very neat and clean. Wish I could say the same for mine. :oops:

PS...Thanks for posting. I was sending you a PM at the same time you posted.
Last edited by Wally on Sat Apr 14, 2007 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.
pttom
Newbee

Post by pttom »

Thanks, There are 10 more hives that I haven't got a picture taken of yet. This is my second year of beekeeping.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

THANKS WALLY!!!! I should have caught that. The person in the pic is my 5yr old son. He's the youngest. I will post a pic with both my kids. They are in love with the bees. Ecspecially the 8 yr. old. He wants bee toys, books, movies and most importantly bee equipment to do a split with after the honey flow. I mean to say that is what he wants for his birthday on May 5th. He is so excited that the field day is next week. I hope the weather is fine. How many people usually go??? I will try another pic....here goes..... http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183 ... 0_3446.jpg
and
http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183 ... 0_3459.jpg

The first one was the other day when I tried entrance reducers to stop the robbing. I came home from work and got to see the stuff I like.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Hey pttom, NICE yard. That is about what I hope to work myself up to. I love to look at other peoples set-ups. You and Ski have done a very nice job. How did you get the grass to not grow around the ground of your hives? Now I have the itch to go and move all my hives around. Wait... I will convince the wifey to let me get more hives and start a new bee yard :!: :!: I hope she goes for it. I will keep you posted. Thanks for the pics guys.