Forest Oaks Trapout Continued

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Locust&Honey

Forest Oaks Trapout Continued

Post by Locust&Honey »

I figured we would continue the series over on this page. I stopped by on my way home and observed a bee hive in action. They were doing quite well. The ants still concern me. I seen a couple of bees make it out of the cone and there were still a couple of them trying to get out. So once again Wally was right. PATIENCE!!!!!! I hate learning that :evil: . But I will if it destroys me!!! I will be going over there on Saturday to go into the hive with smoker and gear on. I want to see what they are doing with the eggs!!! I will update later. This is what the bees have brought to my yard...beauty!!!

http://i168.photobucket.com/albums/u183 ... 0_0561.jpg
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

L&H What time are you going, I may be able to meet you there.

Ski
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

I don't know yet. I will know tonight. Look for a post from me. :D
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Cancel that tomorrow. I took the hive tonight. All the bees are out and I believe the queen came out today and she left with some bees. Mr. Ingool called me but I got there too late. I will be cleaning the tree sometime Monday or Tuesday. Ski & TJ I will gather all the stuff and will meet you guys to give it back. Thanks for all your help!!!!! They do have two queen cells also!!!!!!!!!!
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Let me know when you are going to work on the tree and I will lensd a hand.

Ski
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

MAYBE.... Monday or Tuesday. I will let you know. The Ingools are at the lake. I will post in plenty of time.
TJ
Forager

Post by TJ »

that's great, glad it worked out. I'll try to meet you all when you go. tj
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Tuesday at 10 am. If nobody can make it I will clean it and keep all your stuff to give back when we meet up....maybe the monthly meeting. Either way will be fine. :D
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

10 sounds good. I will bring a trash bag.
Maybe it would be easier to cut the tree down then to clean up lol Just kidding.

Ski
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Souds like a plan. Mr. Ingool called me at 9:30 tonight to let me know that the swarm that left Friday night came back tonight!!! :shock: :shock: I told him that I would go and look to see what was happening. Sure enough.... they were there. Looked like a swarm on the cone. I unscrewed the cone from the tree and put them in a box. Now I am up to 10 hives. No longer married at this point either. LOL JUST KIDDING!!!!!!!!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: She does have her bags packed. Just kidding again. See you tomorrow.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

>>>>So once again Wally was right. PATIENCE!!!!!! I hate learning that. But I will if it destroys me!!!<<<<

Haven't yet, have you??? :P :D
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

I prefer your other statement...with those bees you just never can tell!!! There was no sign of ANY bees coming out of the cone over a three day period. That was what you told me to watch for....right??? Plus I seen the two queen cells and thought they would need to be in an area of adequate drones for highest success of mating. That is a critical part of this entire procedure....right???? Honey flow winding down, ants all in the hive, etc, etc, etc. So inexperience was what I would chalk it up to intead of the patience statement but then again I am a rookie. And with rookies...you just never can tell. The bees are out of the tree and in a new home doing well and the home owner made some new friends. All in all that was what we wanted....right??? :wink:
TJ
Forager

Post by TJ »

Hi there, Were you able to go today and clean up? Sorry I wasn't able to and waited until the last minute to write in case something changed. If you didn't go let me know and I'll try to meet up. Otherwise, I will be going to the next meeting and pick up the bricks and boards then. 10 hives! That's amazing! Do you know if they are Italians, or what kind?
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

If you be happy, I be happy.

That's what hobbies are for.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

TJ
We got it cleaned up. It did not take long, we cut most of the great stuff out with a carpet knife then used the cordless drill with a wire wheel to get almost all of it off the tree. There was a small rotten stem sticking up we had a little trouble getting the great stuff off of so with one tap of the hammer the hole was a lot bigger lol. You could stick your hand in and feel the comb that was being robbed by the ants.
L&H has your stuff.
THe whole experience was fun. Enjoyed working with you and L&H and of course thanks to WALLY.

Ski