Beekeeping Class

Postings related to current events or news about honey bees and beekeeping

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Wally
Guard bee

Beekeeping Class

Post by Wally »

Has everyone sent this link to all your friends who may be interested?

http://www.guilfordbeekeepers.org/bg_2007.pdf
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

Are there plans for a 2008 beekeeping course? I have a friend who may be interested in signing up. Alamance has their info posted and I think one county has already started its classes, per the State Beekeepers link.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Surely there will be a 2008 class. Right?
Can we sit in on the 2008 class If there is space in the room.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

You can volunteer to teach a class...Then you will have access to all the other classes.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

I could teach a 26 week course on what I don't know and another 26 weeks on mistakes I have made. If I could only convice my hive to teach a week on how they have managed to survive thus far.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

I am with Jacobs there's a lot ( too much) I don't know. I am waiting for spring to see if the hives survive the winter. Besides we had some experienced instructors at the 2007 class. I don't think I could pick a week that I could have done a better job. I taught a 3 week technical class to some navy sailors and that was after I had 10 years experience with the equipment. I think I need a few more years under my belt before I would consider tying to teach new beeks. On the other hand I still have plans on getting with a science teacher to develop a show and tell at the schools.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

If you have already taken the beginners class and are a current member for 2008, I will allow any that wish to audit the class at no charge. (if there is any room :? )