drone cell

Bee related information that doesnt fit any where else

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

the kid

drone cell

Post by the kid »

This is from a newbee ..... have one hive but hope to add more in the spring ... Have learned a lot in one summer ... like learning this way HURTS now and then ....... they sure get grumpy in the fall...But what I would like to know is were do you get drone cell...Ive looked in all the bee supplys and no drone cell .... Hope this is not a closed site to us in the far north ( MN ) as I see all of you are from the south ...... just happen to run into this site.........and thought I would like to stick around and learn alittle more before spring..... so if its ok I will step back and try to pick up a few tips from the wiser...
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

http://www.betterbee.com/products.asp?dept=378

This is just one supplier that offers it. I'm sure there are many more.

No, it isn't a closed site. You are more than welcome to post, converse, even argue now and then if you wish. Hang around, and who knows, maybe we can learn a few things from you, even.
the kid

missed it

Post by the kid »

thank you for the time ....must have missed it at better bee ... think Iwill hang around .... wanted bees for a long time but one thing or other always had to be first ..... this spring my son said we're doing it .. the more I work the hive the more I like bees ,,only bit twice never had vail
on .....have grand kids that love to open the hive with me (they dont ware any thing eather)

thanks again
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

It's a great hobby. Just be careful with the kids. My son had his own hives at 14, then one sting, probably his hundredth in 3 years, sent him to hospital with anaphylactic shock. Do your homework and keep an epi-pen on hand if you are more than 10 minutes from a hospital or medical facility. My grands are working them now, but I keep a pen on hand just in case.
the kid

Post by the kid »

you know my daughter ask me about that two weeks ago ..... until then I had never thought about it ,,, but I'm alergic to so much I guess it would be a no brainer to have one ,,, and with the kids around a must ,, now I will get one in spring.... It only takes a light hammer tap to get in this head

thanks
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Well, I see you made it to Beesource, also. Welcome to it, too. I'll be watching for your posts.