Mite A Way Quick Strips for sale

Maybe you are looking for something specific or maybe you just have some beekeeping supplies you no longer need. Post it here and see what happens.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

beebabyelle1
Nursebee

Mite A Way Quick Strips for sale

Post by beebabyelle1 »

We purchased MiteAWay Quick Strips and have too many. Selling for $5 per strip. You'll need 2 strips to treat a hive. We're up in Summerfield. Just post a reply if you're interested.
ski
Guard bee

Re: Mite A Way Quick Strips for sale

Post by ski »

The bucket I purchased contained 10 packs and there were two strips per pack and you use one pack per hive. Did you purchase a smaller quanity?

10 PACK MiteAway Quick Strip - 10 treatments, 20 strips $48.00
PACK MiteAway Quick Strip - 36 treatments, 72 strips $148.00
http://www.brushymountainbeefarm.com/Mi ... tinfo/194/
Just some thoughts.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Dadant has the 20 pack for 44.25, but the only 2 sites I found where you could buy individual were 5.00 and 6.00 per strip. After seeing that, I don't think beebabyelle1 is out of range on their price.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

I didn't see the individual packs but if you only have a few hives the individual packs may be the way to go.
$5.00 or $6.oo per strip plus shipping, sounds like beebaby is picking up the shipping so it may be a good deal.

I would encourage the newbees to start thinking about mite treatments, or any other equipment you will need for fall.
Plan ahead buy your stuff early so there is no last minute panic.
Just some thoughts.
beebabyelle1
Nursebee

Post by beebabyelle1 »

So sorry everyone. I purchased 20 strips for 44.25 in the fall of last year. I used 4 and have 16 on my hands. I am not out to make money, just want to get rid of them. I have 8 treatments to offer at $6.00 per treatment. That's $3.00 per strip. You must pick them up, I will not deliver at that price. I drove to Dadant to get them and used gas money. I think I am being very fair with price. Call 336 541 2004 to make arrangements if you want them. Thanks.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I think we came to the same conclusion, except we thought you were fine at 5.00 per strip. 10.00 per treatment. Now I think you are too cheap.
beebabyelle1
Nursebee

Post by beebabyelle1 »

Thanks for saying so, but I only have 2 hives and probably won't treat this year. Like I said, I'm not interested in making money, just looking to help others out like myself who are doing bees for hobby. We have a blueberry farm and 2 hives in which the bees are doing a fine job of staying close to home and pollinating our field. It would be worth someones trip here to purchase these strips. I would even be willing to trade for a used extractor or for the use of an extractor. It's not worth my while to purchase an extractor for what little we have and I know that's going to be a problem for us when the time comes to take some honey. We're up for offers and easy to get along with.