External hive removal

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

bdloving
Forager

External hive removal

Post by bdloving »

So, not all swam calls are.
This is a 'several weeks old' swarm, 8 feet above the porch of a 2 story log cabin home. I am guessing it is 2.5-3 feet wide. It will be necessary to climb up, cut off the comb and wire it into frames. At least a couple hours work I am guessing.

Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: External hive removal

Post by Jacobs »

If we can coordinate schedules, I am willing to help as long as YOU take the bees.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Have fun. I have found that it is easy to get helpers from the club if you want them. Members are anxious to try their hand at it.

I'm gonna try to get jacobs another hive or two. I hear he's running short this year. :evil: :P :mrgreen:
bdloving
Forager

Post by bdloving »

Rats, it is not an external, they are in the wall. Anyone interested in doing a removal?
It is a log-house, I believe the bees are in the soffit above the window (about 15' up from porch), but it will require cutting the wood for sure.
Out of my league. I will be glad to pass on anyone's contact information.
call me at 336.312.0947
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I spoke to the lady and she is going to talk to her husband and get back to me. I'll keep you updated if they call back.