Missing a class??

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Nick S.

Missing a class??

Post by Nick S. »

I missed last class. Have I ruined my chance of taking the test? Can you please remind me where the review material is on the forum?

Thanks!!
dwbicefam
Newbee

Re: Missing a class??

Post by dwbicefam »

Nick, the study guide is under the "Just Stuff" section. I'm not an administrator of the classes, just someone who took them last year, so I can't address your ability to take the test. I took it last year and found the study guide to be very helpful, as well as the "Beekeeping for Dummies" book. There is also a website gobeekeeping.com that has a practice test that was particularly helpful: http://www.gobeekeeping.com/test.htm . I did go to all the classes and take notes, but studying on my own is what helped the most with test taking, although the people in the club and giving the classes are most helpful with actual beekeeping.
CB
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

You may take the test. If you are a member of the GCBA and the NCSBA, you may take the test. We offer it at the end of our beginners course for class members who want to participate in the Master Beekeeper program, but we will also give the written portion to our members who are not in the class. They may take the written portion of the Certified exam at the same time class members do if they let me know. I am responsible for having enough copies of the exam for use.

I did hear from the NCSBA and I WILL have a written exam to give.
Zulu
Site Admin

Post by Zulu »

How about the Practical for those of us that fell by the wayside when they stopped supporting the program ?
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

I can do that too. We just need a day that is warm enough for going deep into one of your hives.