Mentor

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

theboz

Mentor

Post by theboz »

Thanks to Mike Miller for his post in "Beekeeping 101"- his situation is identical to mine.

I live in High Point and would like to meet a mentor or other beekeepers in the area to help me to learn what I should have done better, should be doing now, and what to do next.... to get ready for winter.... I am new to beekeeping and setup my first 2 hives this past spring. One hive appears to be doing very well. Second hive, NOT so well..... I had a few beetles in the summer that the bees mostly took care of themselves and I helped with a trap and some squishing.
Unfortunately, I have had to neglect my girls for the last 6 weeks due to a sick mother in Jamestown and a sick mother-in-law in Raleigh.

If it is not too late in the year, I'd like to do an inspection with an experienced beekeeper; maybe inspect/treat for mites if needed, and see if there are any recommendations before winter. If its OK, maybe even have my niece video to post on here for others to use.

I have one hive in Cedarwood (Jamestown) off Guilford College Rd. (weak hive)
and my second hive is on the edge of Kernersville---- on HWY66- 1.1 mile from HWY311 (near Tuckers grill)

If someone could help me, I am available most afternoons after 2.
boz5769@aol.com- or 336-457-2383 (before 8pm)

Thank you very much for your consideration !!!

BOZ
aka-Jason
Wally
Guard bee

Re: Mentor

Post by Wally »

I'll be looking at his Kernersville hive with him on the 5th. If someone can connect with him on the Jamestown hive we will have him covered.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

I'll give him a call today to set up a time for Jamestown.
theboz

Post by theboz »

Just a quick THANK YOU to Mr. Wally and Mr. Robert Jacobs. They took the time out of their schedules to visit my hives and had the patience with me to answer 100 questions. :?: :?: :?: :?: :?: :?:

THANK YOU GENTLEMEN FOR YOUR TIME !!!!

I really do appreciate it !

BOZ