First call

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Ron Young
Guard bee

Post by Ron Young »

I had a call from a friend about a swarm that had settled into an out-building. I told him that I would come and look at them today. When I got there, someone had caulked up the cracks, and stuffed rags and what appeared to be cotton into the holes. I pulled some out, and noticed that they were wet, and smelled it. They had sprayed the bees with something, so I just left them alone.

I really do not know why they did that, knowing that I was coming to look at them today? Some people are lacking I suppose.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

The general public is still afraid of bees. I do not think that any amount of education will overcome that.
Perhaps once the Africanized bees get here they will have a genuine concern.

Kurt
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Final post.....

Removed the stand and hive today and sealed the house with silicone caulk. Hasn't been a bee entered the house for several days now, so all honey has been removed.

Final tally.....

7 frames of bees and a queen raised from my favorite hive.
Boosted a hive with queen from 1 frame of bees to 8 frames of bees.
10 frame medium hive with 7 frames of bees raised a queen from my favorite hive and she is now laying.
One well made trap stand, made from square tubing and diamond spaced steel platform, adjustable height.

It has been a lot of fun and I hope it helps others doing trapouts