nucs

Maybe you are looking for something specific or maybe you just have some beekeeping supplies you no longer need. Post it here and see what happens.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Kurt Bower
Guard bee

nucs

Post by Kurt Bower »

I will have some 5 frame deep or 7 frame medium nucs available between April 7th and April 15th.
New 2012 Italian queens.
Cardboard nuc box included or can be directly placed into your hive body.
Cost - $115

pm me if interested

Kurt
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Re: nucs

Post by Kurt Bower »

only 4 left if anyone needs any.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

Just 2 left. Should be ready to go any day now.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

The nucs have all been sold!
I would like to make a few comments about nucs. From my experience, a proper nuc should should contain minimum of 3 frames of brood, and one frame each of honey and pollen with some room to spare for the queen to lay without causing a swarm. The queen should be prolific and if possible less than 1 year old.

I recently noticed this ad on Craigslist.

"I have a few nuc boxes with bees and laying queens for sale. Great start for a beginner beekeeper or just to add another hive to your bee yard. 2 frame brood, 1 Frame honey, 3 frames of new foundation and cardboard nuc box. $125.00 "

I am a little concerned about a nuc with 3 frames of foundation for $125. Please be careful when making your purchases.

Kurt
mike91553
Guard bee

Post by mike91553 »

I agree with your description of a good nuc Kurt. I saw that on craigs list too. With package bees selling for $85 three frames with lots of capped brood including 5 frames of drawn comb with honey is worth another 30 or 40 dollars but not if 3 frames are just foundation. With the price of sugar what it is and the flow about over making drawn comb can be quite costly.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I'm selling 5 frame strong nucs for 100.00. I think the above is a newby who doesn't know what he is doing.
M Gall
Nursebee

Post by M Gall »

Wally,
Still have the nucs?
It may be a little late in the season. :o
Mike and Patty
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I have 3 or 4 hives. One nuc left, but plan to put it in 10 frame within the next couple days. It's full.