New to the hobby and the class

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

DFisher
Newbee

New to the hobby and the class

Post by DFisher »

Hey guys. I just joined the forum, and went to the first session of the Beginner's class last night. I really enjoyed it and am excited about the rest of the class. I am from Stokes County, but we have no association there, so it worked out to attend this one since I work in Greensboro. I look forward to leaning on you guys for information.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: New to the hobby and the class

Post by Jacobs »

Welcome to the forum and to the classes! Next week's class is Bruce Loving's presentation of beekeeping equipment. I think you will get a lot out of it.
B_Lee
Nursebee

Post by B_Lee »

Welcome to the board. This year will be my first with bees as well. I'm taking the class too.

Brian
DFisher
Newbee

Post by DFisher »

Great presentation on the equipment last night. Who knew there could be so many pieces and parts? I may need a second job!!!
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Bruce has always done a great job on the equip. class. I've been keeping for 35 plus years and still go to listen to his class every year. I always pick up something new.
DFisher
Newbee

Post by DFisher »

Can someone give us the remaining dates for the beginner beekeeping class please? I am assuming we will meet, Feb. 6, 13, 20 and 27. Really need to confirm the 27th, as I have another event tentatively scheduled for that night, and need to know whether to decline. Thanks
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

The remaining dates are February 6,13,20 & March 6 is now the date of the written exam. We were not able to get the building for February 27th, so our weather make up date is the March 6th date.
DFisher
Newbee

Post by DFisher »

Will you be emailing results from the tests we had last week? Thanks
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

Soon, very soon. I have been told that in the near future we may be able to upload this type of information the the NCSBA, and individual NCSBA members may be able to view their own information. Until that happens, we record written results and hold them until the person has passed both the written and practical certified exams. We then submit all information to the NCSBA and the state issues the certificate.

We had a few people take the exam who do not appear to have joined the NCSBA. I will still record the results on OUR spreadsheet, but will not be able to submit their information to the NCSBA until I have their NCSBA membership number.