Sedgefield trapout started Friday.

Bee related information that doesnt fit any where else

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

I like how you do it Wally. That looks like a professional is working it. Wait...you ARE a professional!!!! What do you think this weather today is doing to your hive????
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

The weather is keeping them from coming out too fast and stopping up the funnel. I checked them this afternoon and there are 2 1/2 frames of bees in the box. I expect to have a box full about Thursday. Then I will set another box and try to get a second hive started.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Fantastic. Two hives of bees??? You are always getting bees. What do you plan to do with all those extra hives?????
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

:D :D Sell them to people like you!!!!!!! :P
the kid

Post by the kid »

If that hive has been there long or even a few months they may of had alot of stores and pollen so it may take a lot of brood to use it up ,, as it takes one cell of honey and one cell of pollen for each bee from egg to emerge.. so you may get a lot of girls .
well when you get all my girls out of ther let me know and Ill come get um ,, :wink: :wink: :lol: :lol: :shock:
have fun and enjoy
the kid
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

Looks like Wally will stop at nothing to get another location for his bees. He ran out of room on the ground so now he is putting them up on scaffolding! 8)
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Just looking for a "HIGHER" end honey, that's all. :P
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I took the second box of bees from the house today and installed the third box. This box had a full ten frames of bees and took two of us to get it down. I estimate the weight at about 80 lb. Had two frames of bees in the new box by the time we were ready to leave.

LET THE GOOD TIMES ROLL!!!!! :D
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

It's a good thing you got these.
All the rest of the bees get word that you are coming and take off before you get there. :wink:
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Ain't dat da truff???

I have now went to remove 7 colonies that left before I got there.

UNBELIEVABLE!!!!
Ron Young
Guard bee

Oak Tree with bees, then no bees, then bees

Post by Ron Young »

Wally,

The guy I work with has bees in the tree again!!! This is about four times he has told me that the bees were there, and then in a few days, no bees. It is a hollow oak tree. Are there any ideas on this? Would they be robbing out an old colony, and if so, would they not be there continuous until done?
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

What you say sounds right to me. Tell him to watch them for a week. If they are there daily, you can go check them out.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I finalized the trap-out yesterday.
3 ten frame boxes and 3 frames in a nuc. 33 frames of bees total. Not a bad take for one house, plus the sizable fee I charged for the job.
Removed the scaffording Tues. and re-set it at an apt. in south Greensboro.

Now up to 29 hives and still counting.
:lol:
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

You had better sell some. If you dont, someone might mistake you for a beekeeper :shock: :wink:
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

NOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!! Don't ever think that. I took so long getting that one done that the lady of the house passed away waiting. Don't know if I will be able to collect from the executor or not.

Me a beek???? NEVER!!!!