Hello...

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

yoyo
Newbee

Hello...

Post by yoyo »

Hi all, I am a new want-a-bee beek. I am in Bertie Co, NC. I have ordered the master pollinator kit from Dadant, and I am now building a couple more hives from scratch. I look forward to getting my first hives allthough I might have to wait until next spring, or buy a couple existing hives. I have two colonies I can remove that are over a year old, but my instinct is to wait until I can get some experienced help. I am going to the state convention in Kinston in July and I have joined the ncsbs. I look forward to maybe seeing some of you there in Kinston.
Hi from down East!

yoyo
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Glad to see you made it to the forum. Welcome....
We've got a few good folks here, and it's growing regularly. Hang around, it will only get better as more people get on board.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Welcome yoyo

I started going to bee meetings in the fall and got some bees in the spring. That worked well for me. I have two hives now and still get help from the forums as well as help and learn with some cutouts and trapouts with Wally and others.
TJ
Forager

Post by TJ »

Hi yoyo, welcome! I have my first two hives this year and am really enjoying beekeeping. People on here are really helpful and going to your county beekeepers association meeting monthly and meeting other beeks can help alot. I am reading everything I can right now and of course, watching my bees. Good luck and have fun! TJ