Our honey is PURPLE !!!!

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Wally's Angels
Forager

Post by Wally's Angels »

Thanks for such a great compliment L&H, but I truly don't deserve kids like this! They are truly a blessing to us both and we only hope to raise them to honor the Lord in all that they do. Caleb can't wait to hear how Tristan likes the purple honey.

WALLY!!! The kids gave you the wrong jar!!! Yours is supposed to be bigger than the one I think they gave you. Hmmm, we may have to send you another jar :oops:

Kurt, the kids have so much to learn. They read your post about supply and demand and went through every dictionary in the house for 2 hours before they admitted that they didn't know what that meant...LOL. Once it was explained though they were really glad to know that purple honey isn't made just anywhere.

Caleb has been outside every morning trying to talk his bees into making some extra honey and purple if it's not too much trouble for them. He's so silly :lol:
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Tell the kids "thank you" anyway, but the size doesn't matter. It is the thought behind the gift that matters. The jar came wrapped with love, so the contents is mute.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Perfectly said Wally!!!!!!!!!
Wally's Angels
Forager

Totally amazed!

Post by Wally's Angels »

We got 3 more frames of the purple honey yesterday!!! All three of the kids hives look fantastic right now. The kids were feeling kind of inspired by the offer of $20 on the only jar of the purple honey that they have sold and asked me if I would post a jar on another message board that I'm on... (actually on the one where I met Wally) but they wanted to auction it because for some reason they think that is so much more fun...

Anyway, right now the high bid is $31.35 for a half pint jar!!! :shock: The kids are so tickled it's not funny. They had talked and talked about what if they really could sell their honey and make some money to save up toward the other animals and stuff they want to get but they never really imagined themselves doing it I don't think. They keep walking around in a daze and saying "I can't believe someone wants our honey" Too cute!!!

Now they want to research to find out what the most expensive honey produced is and why it's expensive. Amazing, just amazing!!!

Oh and Wally, the kids all say "WE LOVE YOU WALLY!!!" and I believe they mean that with all their little hearts!