Looking for Spring '10 Mentor

Bee related information that doesnt fit any where else

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

LetsBuzz

Looking for Spring '10 Mentor

Post by LetsBuzz »

Im a senior at Southwest Guildford High.
I decieded last year im want to do beekeeping for my senior project,
iv already read multible books, been to seminars, demonstartions with SC beekeepers and talk to some every helpful people at Brushy.

Im looking for a mentor for my project,
this isnt just for my project but for me as well, iv been very interested in beekeeping and will keep up with it durning college. (Im staying home)

I all ready have all the standard equipment I need read for March when packages come around.

Id greatly apperciate anyone who is experienced or so, to volenteer and help me.

Thanks!
-Rena
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Hello, Rena, and welcome to beekeeping. I would highly suggest that you come to the Guilford County beekeepers club meetings, at 7 PM the second Tuesday of each month. There are normally about 75 local beekeepers ther and I'm quite sure you can find one or more to mentor you through the winter and in the spring.

Hope to see you there.

In the meantime, here is a family friendly forum on bees you might enjoy.

www.beekeepingforums.com
LetsBuzz

Post by LetsBuzz »

Thanks!

Well iv considered going a few times, but I i was under the impression if you are new you must RSVP, and i had called Kurt Bower fews times and my messages were never returned, so I never went.

But if I do not have to, i will defiantly be attending quite soon.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

All you have to do is show up, and bring as many friends as you wish. All are welcome.