Free Bees

Bee related information that doesnt fit any where else

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Wally
Guard bee

Free Bees

Post by Wally »

There is an established hive in a house near the farmers market on Sandy ridge Road. House is being demolished, so any damage done is OK.

There's another colony in Colfax. It is two years old and hanging on the inside of the door of a tobacco barn, out in the open.
If anyone is interested in getting one or both of these colonies, call me at; 336-302-2708 and I will give you the contact info.

Post by Guest »

Wally

Did not take time to log in. Too early in the am. I will call you later today and see what the plan is. Thanks
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

"Free bees" mean that you will bring them to my house after you get them out! :?
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Bees are free. With the cost of gas, delivery is $300.00
No=-Bee's
Nursebee

Post by No=-Bee's »

How much is you fee for helping me get them into a box. :?:

Checked a place here in my hometown that has beekeeping supplies. They do not know what small cell foundation is!!!, So I am guessing they have just regular industry standard foundation.

I was going to ask you what you had in the stuff that you had bought, and if any of it had old frames and comb or foundation in it. I think I would like to just do used equipment from you, and give this thing a try, so we can get together on and settle up on price when i get back. Also, I was wondering if you recommended the use of an entrance feeder, or a top feeder for jars, like the one you had the other day?

I will be back in town on Saturday Evening, and work Sunday. I will be off on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday this week. Mon, Tue, and Fri. are best for me.

Looking forward to it. (Sure you won't make fun of my full bee suit?)

Really don't matter, I am going to wear it anyway!! :D I am chicken.
Ron, "Now with bees"