Beginning Beekeepings test

Bee related information that doesnt fit any where else

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

whg3
Nursebee

Beginning Beekeepings test

Post by whg3 »

I would like to thank( and I sure the others would also) Rob and Wally for taking their time to give the practical part of the beekeeper exam Saturday. Good job guys!
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

And don't forget Ski. He did a lot more than I did.

But you are welcome from the three of us, I am sure. Let's hope more participate in it next time.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

I do want to thank Ski and Wally for taking their Saturday morning to help administer the practical exam. I'll be sending in the forms today (Monday). The bees are back home and appear to have calmed down. I think the bees provided for a test experience the test takers will long remember and could use as a learning experience.
Newbee Jim
Nursebee

Post by Newbee Jim »

Thanks indeed. The bees where just a little "active".
Jim
-I don't know what I don't know!
s coble

Post by s coble »

I would also like to say thanks for all that helped with the testing on Saturday, and to the bees for letting us go through their hive several times, Thanks
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

I was fortunate enough to have the first student to enter the hive on Saturday and I would say the bees were very gentle and well behaved. About the third time the hive was opened they were getting a bit upset. I don't think any hive that is smoked and opened 6-8 or more times in a short period of time is going to be gentle any more until they have a day or so to calm down. That was most likely very stressful on that hive and I hope they recover and do well through the winter. Rob, thanks for providing the bees, maybe next year more of US (including me) can bring a hive or two of bees so students can take their exams.
Well that's my rant for today.
Andrew

Post by Andrew »

Thanks to all giving the Oral & Practical Saturday.
Andy