Got me one yesterday, too.

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Wally
Guard bee

Got me one yesterday, too.

Post by Wally »

SmithN
Guard bee

Re: Got me one yesterday, too.

Post by SmithN »

Nice picture, are they from one of your hives?

I don't know if I should say "good for you" or "I'm sorry your bees are swarming"
I guess both, I'm glad you caught them and I'm sorry they don't want to stay in the box!
Everyone has an opinion, this is mine.
Norma :)
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

No, not mine. They were from a hive at Locust&honey's house. He had all he wanted, so gave these to me.

Thanks, L&H.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

No problem....you helped ME out!!! Plus the bees got a good home as well...win-win. I had 2 more swarms today!!!! Swarm count so far this year is 10...I think...I lost count after 8...I think :roll: I am trying catch these and "re-supply" my hives that I already have....so far so good....I just hate squashing a new queen!!!! But I do want some honey and it takes lot's of bees to do that.
Zulu
Site Admin

Post by Zulu »

And another swarm today from Locust & Honey, Wally got two queens out of that one too.

I was bored after lunch and just finishing my last meeting and Wally called and asked if I wanted to help, lots of fun, and great meeting new people.

The day didn't end there, off to Rob after that, new thread for that one - as plenty of pics
michelle
Nursebee

Post by michelle »

That looks amazing. So, did you just pick them up? I really would like to see this in person or on a video. I wonder if youtube has it or maybe Zulu can post it on his blog.

Michelle
Zulu
Site Admin

Post by Zulu »

I did not video this time , but will make a point next time.

Have a bunch more pics in my albums. Was so late last night that my blog was not really written up, I just dumped the pics..... I will do it more justice tonight.

https://picasaweb.google.com/home?hl=en&q&tab=wq

Glad you enjoyed them

Rick