anyone get more sensitve to bee stings?

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

p51d
Guard bee

anyone get more sensitve to bee stings?

Post by p51d »

CHeck this out. I started keeing bees 5 years - 6 years ago. I could get stung, the swell 6 -8 hours later. Every year, it gets quicker with the swelling, itching, etc. All part of being a beekeeper.

Now, I get stung, and I have 5 minutes before the symptoms occur. No worries. just the normal symptoms. Plus, yes, I checked with the Doctor and have Epipens for when I get stung so yes, I play it safe.

anyone else have this issue? Quite funny, I beekeeper getting more sensitve to etting stung.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: anyone get more sensitve to bee stings?

Post by Jacobs »

It sounds to me like you might be getting LESS sensitive. My swelling/itching has lessened as I have done bees, but happens almost immediately, and in most cases is gone in 10 minutes or so. I still think the epipen is a good thing to have because you just never know.
p51d
Guard bee

Re: anyone get more sensitve to bee stings?

Post by p51d »

I wish...the symptoms last just as long for me. It is much quicker. The Epipen is a good idea just to have around according to the doctor. Better safe than sorry.