Answers to study guide

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

mmclauchlin

Answers to study guide

Post by mmclauchlin »

Hi Wally
I thought Kurt said the answers to the questions in the study guide would be posted on the web site. Can't find the answers. Having the answers would be helpful in studing for the test. Can you help or did I not hear correctly. To good to be true.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Its good you didn't wait until the last minute. lol :)

I am not Wally but.......

If you back up one screen from this one (beekeeping 101)you will be at the Main Category screen.
Click on "Just Stuff" and there you will find the Study guide.
Understand that it was written by students and reviewed and commented on by real beeks.
Good luck.

Ski
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Ski....thanks for ALL the hard work. It appears you are the worker of this colony and we are all the drones!!! :D
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

IT would have been better to have had more workers, but it would not have been as good as it is without the help of Guard Bee Wally. :)

Now lets pass the test and apply what we have learned and listen to what the bees are trying to tell us. :D
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Yes. Wally is very informative. But most of all VERY helpful. I would have loved for him to have spoken at one of the classes.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Cut it out. guys...You're giving me the bighead. :shock:

If the weather allows, I'll be going into the bees on Wed. Anyone who wants to come is welcome. I made a quick split today without finding the queen. I will need to go back in after about a week, so you will have another chance then. I will be looking for queen cells in one of the boxes. I hope to find enough to make up a few nucs.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Sounds good to me Wally. I would love to come over and see. Tell me when and where. I would love to get some time in.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Same comment here Wally, what time?
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Hottest part of the day....Probably 1 or 2 in the afternoon.
Call me around noon at 302-2708 Wed.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Won't be able to make it that early. I will see if I can get off of work early. Probably won't know until Wednesday. I really would like to get in on that, though. :x
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Wed. will be mostly looking. The nuc making won't be until next week. You may want to wait until then, rather than miss work. If the weather is good, come down Sat. or Sun. and we will open a couple just for the fun of it.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Wally...sounds great. This weekend is off because I will be visiting my brother in Ohio. I will be back Sunday night. How about next weekend weather permitting??? Or if Monday looks good I will be off Monday. :P
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

L&H, check your pm's.
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Does anyone have any special tips for the test Thursday?? Is it heavier in certain areas than others??? I don't want to cram my head with diseases if the test is heavy on handling a hive and vice versa.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

As I have been sworn to secrecy, I can not say much.
The test is 40 multiple choice questions with a broad range of questions.
These are relatively easy questions so don't worry too much.

Kurt
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

I understand Kurt. It will be more of a challenge this way. I enjoy reading about the bees and look forward to a test of my knowledge. By the way, a wonderful job on the Beginner Beekeepers Class. It was very informative and very encouraging to see the enthusiasm of the current keepers. I can't wait to get going.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

We have come a long ways and I appreciate the compliments.
The program was less than desirable 5 years ago.

Most beekeepers try to give a little back to others, so it works out in the end.

Kurt
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

:)

I enjoyed the bee keeping class the two hours seemed to fly by. WE took the test tonight and I can now say the Instructors did a GREAT job of putting the class together. That is a hard class to teach as so many of the test questions were general yet detailed information. It would be difficult to emphasise the information needed to pass the test. I think we got a lot of good bee keeping advise during the class that will actually be used but wasn't close to being in the test. I learned a lot and can't wait until the bees arrive.

Great class and thanks to everyone that was able to cram the information into our heads. :) :) :)
hmmm...I hope I passed .
Locust&Honey

Post by Locust&Honey »

Ski. Have you heard anything about Wally??
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

The last info I had (March 8th) was that Wally was in High Point Regional Hospital Room 475 of the critical care unit Phone 336-878-6012. Visiting hours are very limited. It was indicated that he would be there about 3 days. He sounded in good spirits just like Wally. Did you sign the card that was passed around last night during the test?