GCBA Beginner Beekeeping Course 2015

Upcoming events of the club and requests for appearances of club members at public or private enterprises.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Jacobs
Guard bee

GCBA Beginner Beekeeping Course 2015

Post by Jacobs »

The Guilford County Beekeepers Association will offer the
Beginner Beekeeping Course on the following dates:

Thursday, January 15
Thursday, January 22
Thursday, January 29
Thursday, February 5
Thursday, February 12
Thursday, February 26 (NCSBA Certified Beekeeper Written Examination-optional)
TUESDAY, MARCH 3 (make up day in the event of cancelation of earlier class date)

Classes begin at 7:00 pm for about 2 hours a session, and will be held at the barn kitchen meeting room in the Guilford County Agricultural Center, 3309 Burlington Road, Greensboro, NC. The plan is for 5 teaching sessions, administration of the optional written portion of the NCSBA certified beekeepers examination at week 6, for those wishing to take it, and 1 week reserved for bad weather rescheduling or a bonus Q&A session.

The cost is $25.00 for individuals or $35.00 per family which includes 1 book/registration, handouts, and membership in the GCBA. North Carolina State Beekeepers Association membership is required for those wanting to participate in the Master Beekeeper program and take the certified beekeepers examination. It is not required to take the beginners course or join the Guilford Beekeepers, but it is strongly encouraged.

We have included a link to our registration form AND the NCSBA membership form on our home page. If you want to enroll in the class AND join the NCSBA, please complete both forms and mail them with 1 check payable to "GCBA" to our treasurer, Jim Parker, at his address on the form. (We will forward the NCSBA forms and a GCBA check in batches.)

PLEASE DO NOT SEND THE REGISTRATION FORM TO THE NCSBA--THEY WILL NOT BE ABLE TO PROCESS IT.
donwal
Guard bee

Re: GCBA Beginner Beekeeping Course 2015

Post by donwal »

Is there a limit on the openings for the beekeeping course?
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

We will take 70-75 people. About 3 years ago when we had to turn away people because we had more want the course than the building holds (90), we found that not filling every seat works better. Last year we had about 50 people in the course. Our treasurer will let me know if we have reached our limit and I will post notices on this site.
donwal
Guard bee

Post by donwal »

Thanks for the info Rob. Let me know if I can be of any help.

Donna
donwal
Guard bee

Post by donwal »

Is there a link for the flyer that was handed out at our last meeting?
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

http://www.guilfordbeekeepers.org/wp-co ... er_pdf.pdf

This link should get you to the pdf version of the poster. I'm going to ask Norman to send me a jpeg that we can post to the home page and link to this version so that everyone will have access to a printer friendly version.
donwal
Guard bee

Post by donwal »

Please verify, will the beekeeping class be canceled tonight?
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

The class/written portion of the certified beekeeper exam is canceled for tonight (2/26) and will be given on Tuesday, March 3rd at 7:00pm at the same location as the classes. It would be helpful if those with NCSBA membership numbers can have those available, but we will give the exam and add the numbers later for those who do not have a number.