Ossipee Cutout

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

ski
Guard bee

Ossipee Cutout

Post by ski »

Received a call from Jeff in Ossipee wanting bees removed from a house. Since it was in Alamance close to some other beekeepers I figured I would just refer it to them and then maybe help out. Well they were busy but recommended, a helper Corey, a beekeeper that had helped with cutouts in the past.
The bees were entering on the front of the house where the porch roof met the house. The house had been empty for about ten years and was now being prepared for someone to move in. In talking with the last occupant and the neighbor, bees had been in the house for over 10 years. Although maybe not the same colony. But there had been a few folks come out over the years to try and remove them by what may have been a trap out.
The downstairs had sheetrock on the walls. The attic had painted horizontal boards.
It turned out that the down stairs walls had the same horizontal boards behind the sheetrock and all the boards were tongue and groove.
The person in the pictures is Corey, a second year beekeeper. The two of us worked together to get the job done.

http://s173.photobucket.com/user/Beegoo ... %20Ossipee
Just some thoughts.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: Ossipee Cutout

Post by Jacobs »

I tried to look at the photo, but the site says the album is private. I wanted to see what a day of fun looked like!
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Thanks Rob, I think it should work now.

I had not done a cutout in a long time, now I remember why. It was a lot of work for the two of us.
Just some thoughts.
specialkayme
Forager

Post by specialkayme »

If you don't mind me asking, how much did you charge to do the cutout?
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

LOL No I don't mind you asking.
NOT ENOUGH, for the work that was done but enough to get the job and in the end know, that I charged the right price for this particular job.
Just some thoughts.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

I don't think there is one price for cutouts.
A very easy job for a large commercial / industrial company will cost more then a difficult cutout for elderly folks living on social security.
Just some thoughts.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

Good job....Looked like fun.

Wish I could still do them, but my stamina has ""left the room"" :cry:
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

Thanks Wally.