Apitherapy Course in Hot Springs, NC - Sept, 2015

Postings related to current events or news about honey bees and beekeeping

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

ski
Guard bee

Apitherapy Course in Hot Springs, NC - Sept, 2015

Post by ski »

Got an E-mail From Kelly Beekeeping for an Apitherapy course.
Got the E-mail August 19, 2015 But it says the registration closes August 14.

http://www.beehealing.buzz/Apitherapy/S ... 015-Course

Sept 2015 Course
About September Apitherapy Course

Our next Apitherapy Course will be held in the Spring Creek Community Center, 13075 Hwy 209, Hot Springs, NC, 28743; located in the Appalachian Mountains of Northwest North Carolina. We border on the Tennessee state line where folks walk the Appalachian Trail. We are about an hour northwest of Asheville, NC, and 2 hours Southeast of Knoxville, TN. We have no industry or pollution, so the air is fresh; something you city folks usually don’t have.

Your instructor is Lady Spirit Moon, Certified Beekeeper, Master Herbalist, Nutrition Consultant, and Certified Apitherapist.

Registration will close midnight August 14, 2015. Registrants will then receive a syllabus with information about each section of the course and any other information pertaining to their stay here in the mountains, their meals, etc.

Course Content

You will learn through hands-on experience how to use products from the hive to create your own formulas (including Apilarnil); why you would use them; how to sustainably harvest the products; how to add herbs and/or essential oils for more powerful healing; and see how to use micro and full bee stings. Bee and beekeeping knowledge will be added throughout the weekend as they pertain to the products.

The course starts Saturday, September 12, 9 AM - 5 PM through Sunday, September 13, 9:00 AM - 5 PM.

Course Fee
The course is $275 per person payable with PayPal – part of which is a $25 non-refundable processing fee. We will accept registrants up through August 14, 2015. There will be no refunds after August 14. If you cancel before that date, you will receive a refund of $250. This 4-week interval allows us time to print your notebooks, gather and organize supplies for the practicums, and more. The fee covers the cost of all formula ingredients made in the classroom, and your 160+ page binder.

Meals

Saturday and Sunday lunches will be catered and are free to registrants. Coffee/tea and a bite of something sweet will be served from Saturday through Sunday. Dave’s 209 is owned by Dave Thomas, a certified chef with 12+ years of experience. He can cook gluten and dairy free meals and just about any other diet restrictions. The catered Saturday night dinner will tentatively consist of: roast pork loin, fish, vegetable lasagna, roasted buttered red potatoes, salad, bread, dessert, and beverage. No alcohol is allowed on the grounds. The cost is $20 and includes gratuity. After the dinner there will be entertainment in our beautiful remodeled auditorium.

ALL PROFITS GO TO THE

CENTER FOR HONEYBEE RESEARCH, A NON-PROFIT.

MAIN APIARY – Friday, September 11

The day before the Apitherapy Course, Friday afternoon from 1-4 pm in my main apiary, there will be a class on no-treatment beekeeping philosophy regarding my resistant honeybees. If inclement weather or too many students, we will hold the class in the community center classroom. There is a $20 fee for this class that will go toward my Africa Project.
Just some thoughts.
ski
Guard bee

Re: Apitherapy Course in Hot Springs, NC - Sept, 2015

Post by ski »

An E-mail from Lady Spirit Moon:

REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE FRIDAY NOON AND THE REGISTRATION/PAYPAL PAGES WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE WEBSITE.

Thank you for your inquiries. Kelly's surprised me with their putting out the flyer today pertaining to the apitherapy course.

I haven't had time to take the book to the printers as yet and haven't made the reservations for dinner either, so I can take a few more registrants. You start here. Register for the course and when Paypal clears to me, you are in and on the list.

To answer some of your questions. The course, Saturday night meal, and Friday apiary class is $315 total. Sat and Sun lunches come with the course. You are on your own Friday night dinner, Sat and Sun breakfast, and Sunday dinner you are, though folks may wish to go somewhere as a group on Sunday. The cabin I rented is gone, the B&B is no longer available, the Max Patch Haceenda on the website under accommodations is still available for a special rate for the course at $125 a night Friday and Saturday (it is not available on Sunday) and is in our area. Sun Dancing Cabins, also on the website under accommodations may have cabins available. There are hostels and hotels located in Hot Springs, about 30 minutes away. The only diner we have is a hamburger deli with drinks and malts and fries/onion rings, etc. Dave is a chef and is the only catering our dinner and lunches. He is not open for breakfast.

We are located approximately 1 hour from Asheville, NC, and about 1.5 hour from the airport. If you fly in and are staying in the Spring Creek area, we can chauffeur you to and from the airport as stated on our website and can get transportation for you to and from the class if you stay in the Spring Creek area. You may be able to get a ride from someone staying in a hostel in Hot Springs. Otherwise, you need to drive.

If I haven't answered any of your questions, please let me know or call 828-606-2109. This is my cell and I don't answer when I'm on the mower, pulling weeds, doing apitherapy, or with my bees.

REGISTRATION WILL CLOSE FRIDAY NOON AND THE REGISTRATION/PAYPAL PAGES WILL BE TAKEN OFF THE WEBSITE.

BEe loved,
Lady
Just some thoughts.