Trap out or cut out this weekend?

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

MarkCase
Nursebee

Trap out or cut out this weekend?

Post by MarkCase »

Anyone have a trap out or cut out this weekend? I would love to come along and watch and help. Free labor! Thanks.
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: Trap out or cut out this weekend?

Post by Jacobs »

I am planning to start a trap out Saturday morning. It is a small looking hive in a tree, about 2 feet off the ground in a backyard in the Kirkwood section of Greensboro. If you are interested, let me know and I can pm the address to you when I get home this evening and we can firm up schedules.
MarkCase
Nursebee

Post by MarkCase »

Thanks! Sent a PM
MarkCase
Nursebee

Post by MarkCase »

Thank you Rob, That was very educational
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

I just checked on the trap out and all is going well. The large areas of caulk have held and the bees have not found a way out other than the cone. I saw 2 bees land on the bait hive and walk into the opening of the cone, but neither went all of the way into the tree. Both turned around and walked back out.

Mark was a big help in getting the cone situated and all holes plugged with the caulk that we had on hand. We bring our different aptitudes to these beekeeping activities and learn from each other.