Honey Bees In Tree

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

donwal
Guard bee

Honey Bees In Tree

Post by donwal »

The golf course that my better half works at has honey bees in a large pine tree. They are coming in and out of the bottom of the tree at ground level. They were first noticed two weeks ago. They are in a area that gets mowed a few times a weeks, so they maybe correct, that they have not been there long. Since they are located "in the field of play" we are going to try and get them out of the tree. I'm thinking there are two ways of doing this. Trap out, which will take several weeks or trying a forced abscond. There is an opening to the side from where they are coming and going that I can use to smoke them and spray repellant. Plan is to start early in the morning, before the golfers get there, to get it setup and to try to get them out in one day. We did put caution tape and signs around the tree.

Please chime in on your thoughts.
Wally
Guard bee

Re: Honey Bees In Tree

Post by Wally »

If you are doing it for free, there is another tree at an apartment complex downtown you can do when you finish that one. Then there is a tree on North church street that they will cut down for you so you can cut them out. If you want to do them all, contact me.

If you are charging for it, don't do it cheaply. It isn't worth it.