When are the bees coming?

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

michelle
Nursebee

When are the bees coming?

Post by michelle »

Hey, I must not have written this down. Can anyone tell me when the bees are coming?

Also, I have a mini-van and frankly admit that I am terrified of putting them in the car with me. Any suggestions?

Michelle
Wally
Guard bee

Re: When are the bees coming?

Post by Wally »

Coming Apr. 2nd, to be handed out Sunday, Apr. 3rd. Relax, when you see them, you won't be scared any more. They are very well contained. Even the post office and UPS delivers them.
ski
Guard bee

Post by ski »

If its a sunny day you may want to put the air conditioner on to keep the bees cool. No it doesn't help with any fears but it may help the bad feelings you would have if they were dying when you got home.
Just some thoughts.
Doug Shaw
Nursebee

Post by Doug Shaw »

Have carried many packages inside the vehicles and even a full hive from Wally last year. Some may be flying around the back window but will not bother you. It is a very fun adventure. No need to fret.
p51d
Guard bee

Post by p51d »

The first couple of years as a new-bee several of us would order and drive together to Brushy Mountain. We must have had eight or ten packages in a Durango with us. The loose bees generally head to the windows and we had no issue.
Zulu
Site Admin

Post by Zulu »

So Michelle - how did it go??

Are the bees safely in new hives?