I thought I was going to pick up a swarm

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

ski
Guard bee

I thought I was going to pick up a swarm

Post by ski »

Got a call from an apartment complex this afternoon to come and get some bees, 2 miles down the road so off I go.
I get there and there is the manager and renters looking at looking at 50-75 bees on the outside flying around and another 20 or so on the inside of the apartment trying to get out. Bees on the outside were going in at the bricks at the corner of the picture window and a few more working at the bricks and siding overhang for the second floor.
He insisted there were no more bees other then the ones we could see. I tried to explain a swarm may have moved in that could be several thousand bees.
He insisted there were no more bees.
Renters mentioned a few bees showed yesterday outside but they saw no ball of bees.

I told him to call me if the problem continues.
He was getting his bug spray out when I left.

Any thoughts on what I could have done differently?
Just some thoughts.
Wally
Guard bee

Re: I thought I was going to pick up a swarm

Post by Wally »

The ball is in a tree within a half mile. It will be there tomorrow if those scouts you saw choose that location.
ski
Guard bee

Re: I thought I was going to pick up a swarm

Post by ski »

Thanks Wally,

I did not expect to see that many scouts.
But, if they were interested in that location more and more would show up and that would be consistent with the renters comment that they did not see a swarm. Yet.
I may swing by there the next few days to see if anything shows up. But if he sprayed the scouts they may not pick that spot.
Thanks again,
Ski
Just some thoughts.