My Pastor's Wife called in a panic

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

donnamac71

My Pastor's Wife called in a panic

Post by donnamac71 »

Honey Bees are were hanging outside today from their bathroom vent on the side of their house. It looked like a swarm...but we don't think so. When we go inside the bathroom you can hear them in the ceiling fan/vent/light. On that same wall is the walk-in floored attic, so it is easy to get to. There were alot of bees around the window(drawn to the light) and alot of dead bees on the floor below the window.
Would there be someone interested in helping them out tomorrow?...at least telling them what their options are.
They are in Zone 5...a mile from the intersection of Hwy 68 and Piedmont Parkway. She posted a picture on Facebook that I can copy if you want to see what I am talking about.
Thanks for anything anyone can do to help!
Jacobs
Guard bee

Re: My Pastor's Wife called in a panic

Post by Jacobs »

Please post the picture if you can. It will help us figure out what needs to be done.
Wally
Guard bee

Re: My Pastor's Wife called in a panic

Post by Wally »

I just spoke to Donna. From what I can gather, a swarm moved into the bathroom vent and is now located between the bathroom ceiling and the open attic floor. Depending on the attic flooring, it will likely have to be accessed from the attic if the floor is easily removed. If not, then through the ceiling of the bathroom. I will be calling the resident tomorrow morning and maybe looking at it in the afternoon.