Swarm 03/24/17 and 03/25/17 High Point

Try posting here when needing or sharing information about the removal of honey bees from unwanted locations.

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

donwal
Guard bee

Swarm 03/24/17 and 03/25/17 High Point

Post by donwal »

I had two more swarms to arrive in my bee yard. These were not from my hives. The one on Friday, 03/24 arrived around 1:30 pm and was still there when I arrived home from work at 5:30. Sally and I put them into an eight frame deep hive body and gave them a frame with eggs, larva and capped brood. This hive's new home is in Thomasville at my Dad's.

On Saturday, 03/24 while I was cleaning out old frames, another swarm came in. Sally passed through the swarm after they turned off of Eastchester Drive. They followed it to my house. Sally and I put that swarm in one of the five frame nuc boxes I had just put new frames and foundation in. I saw the queen in this swarm when I put the frame in the box. This hive will be moved in a couple of weeks to one of my new out yards.

So, I've had three swarms land in the same spot in one week. We've had bees since 2012 and this is the first year we've had swarms. Working on videos and will post links later.