Books

Bee related information that doesnt fit any where else

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

Wally's Angels
Forager

Books

Post by Wally's Angels »

Since me and the kids all love to read and books on our latest favorite topic (bees& honey) are heavy on our school list this year I wondered if y'all would mind sharing your favorite reading on those topics.

A lady at the meeting the other night mentioned a book called "The Queen Must Die" That she said was a must read.

We have read The Backyard Beekeeper" and really enjoyed that, as well as several other books not worth mentioning from the library but would love to hear what you would all recommend.

So what's your favorite book having to do with bees or honey or making a profit from either and why?
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

The art & adventure of beekeeping by Ormond Aebi

This is a very fine read. The book is factual (though I wonder if everything is true) and difficult to put down.

I would give you my copy if you like.

Kurt
Wally's Angels
Forager

Post by Wally's Angels »

Wow, that's such a generous offer Kurt! We would be more than happy to return it to you when we're finished reading it. Good books are like treasures to us.

We would also like to read a book that our friend Jessica told us about called Robbing the Bees. She says it's a great book, not so much a how to type thing but stories of things that were done with the products of the hive 'back in the day'.

Are there any other books that are good?