A couple of things

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

optlock

A couple of things

Post by optlock »

I live in the city of Greensboro. I have been keeping bees for just over a year in my backyard. Last year during the summer I had 6 hives and then reduced them down to 4 later in the fall. Well since then my neighbor has decided to complain about my chickens and therefor the city told me to get rid of the bees. I have applied for a variance for my property. The ordinance says that I can not have a hive within 50 feet of my property line. I was wondering if anyone might like to show up for the meeting on the 28th at 2:00 to support beekeeping in urban areas and to let the committee know how important it really is that they support this kind of activity. I would be thankful for any support. I am planning on going to the city counsel about this to have the ordinance changed as well but this is a whole other process.

The next question is: Is their anyone in Greensboro with about three pollen patties? I don't have time to order them and did not really want to make pollen substitute.
Thanks
Brian
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

I have the pollen patties in Randleman, Frank has them in Eden. Which is closer for you?

I wish you luck with the meeting.
Kurt Bower
Guard bee

Post by Kurt Bower »

Brian:

If you can, please attend the Field day on April 19th. This would be a great opportunity to tell others about your situation.

Please pm me details about this meeting.
I will do my best to attend.

Kurt
Jacobs
Guard bee

Post by Jacobs »

I'm interested in the meeting and the potential change to the ordinance. How about posting the meeting location here. Is this a zoning board meeting? It would be good have things together for any proposed ordinance change so that we don't end up with worse than we have now.