bee sting

Local question related to beekeeping in the Piedmont Triad area asked and answered here!

Moderators: Jacobs, Wally

drewgrim
Guard bee

bee sting

Post by drewgrim »

i was being stupid today and wanted to see if my one hive had requeened. i was just going to take a quick peek so i didn't have any gear. as soon as i got the honey supper off the girls got a little cranky. so i just started putting everything back together and i was going to wait. but as soon as i got the lid on one flew up and got me on my eyebrow.(should have had my veil on) does anyone have any proven cures for bee stings? what is the best to make the swelling go away? normally i just have a little tenderness but this one being by my eye has swollen a bit.
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

meat tenderizer is good. baking soda helps.

TIME is a guaranteed cure..
drewgrim
Guard bee

Post by drewgrim »

yeah that is what i was thinking, just wait it out. how long does it usually take for the swelling to go down?
Wally
Guard bee

Post by Wally »

For me, a couple hours.

For some, a week or more.

Report back and tell us how long it is for you. :D
p51d
Guard bee

Post by p51d »

two days for me with a bee sting on the forehead...I looked chinese for two days.
drewgrim
Guard bee

Post by drewgrim »

well it took me 3 days and it is still a little swollen but much better than it was.... :lol:
p51d
Guard bee

Post by p51d »

My in-laws took pictures of ne and send to all the relatives....well so much for being a real bee keeper...